About Me

My photo
I'm not doing this project to necessarily make new longterm friends, or go have a drink with these people. Nor is it to pass any judgements on ones life. My goal is to simply meet interesting, and maybe not so interesting strangers who I wouldve never taken the time to talk to otherwise. One that may differ, or perhaps relate to my own life. So many times, you walk past someone, and they wont even raise their head in the slightest to say hello. I'll never understand why. The challenge to myself is not only to surpass that simple hello with one person a day, but to convince them to look into my lens and tell me something about themselves. My name is Amanda Surkin, and this is my journey of meeting 100 new faces. Take the time to listen, you may learn something :)

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Stranger #95

Meet Alisha.

I like fighting. I'm training in boxing right now,and I want to get into a fight soon! I haven't been able to get a fight because I had to get 3 surgeries on my ankles. My first surgery was March of 2009 on my left ankle, then I had another surgery on my right ankle in May of 2009, and then my last one in June of 2011 on y left ankle again. I had problems with bone loss which caused pretty bad fractures, or I probably would've gotten a fight already. I want to get into med school, but my grades aren't that good. I'm a bit of a slacker; I've always been that way. I know I have to do it, because I want to be a doctor. I'm hoping that it's different when I can actually work with the patients!


I'm really into art. I'm trying to get into drawing and painting more! I also make jewelry. I just draw and paint whatever. I've always liked it since I was a little kid. I would always draw when you weren't supposed to, basically on walls, and I marked my cat once with markers. I'm trying to sell my art work, but I haven't gotten a lot done yet. Nothing is finished. There's a store near my house that wants to buy my jewelery. I started making jewelry when I was 10, and I sold it at a craft sale at a church. I'm supposed to be a roman catholic but I haven't gone to church. I don't think I have to follow a religion to be a good person. I've met a lot of religious people who are assholes, judgemental, and they're so rude if you don't follow every rule possible. They're also so quick to tell everyone how horrible of a person they are and how they're going to hell. I just believe in God!"- Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment