About Me

My photo
I'm not doing this project to necessarily make new longterm friends, or go have a drink with these people. Nor is it to pass any judgements on ones life. My goal is to simply meet interesting, and maybe not so interesting strangers who I wouldve never taken the time to talk to otherwise. One that may differ, or perhaps relate to my own life. So many times, you walk past someone, and they wont even raise their head in the slightest to say hello. I'll never understand why. The challenge to myself is not only to surpass that simple hello with one person a day, but to convince them to look into my lens and tell me something about themselves. My name is Amanda Surkin, and this is my journey of meeting 100 new faces. Take the time to listen, you may learn something :)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stranger #100

Meet William Heil.

"I do a lot of fishing! That's mostly all I do to get out of the house and relax. I've been fishing since I was 9 years old. I fish for salmon, but catching bass is my favorite! I go all over to fish. I've gone to New York, Jersey, Maryland, etc. I don't keep any of them unless I catch flounder or salmon. I'm retired, I had a heart attack 6-7 years ago and I lost my job because of it. I was making $27/hr. I'm single, I just go out and relax. I also play a lot of video games! I play black ops a lot, it's an army game! I also have slot machines in my house that I play! I live with my nephew now because my landlord raised the rent on me. I fixed the house up so much, and one day he called me while I was at work and asked to talk to me. So, I asked my boss if I could leave to talk to him, I only lived 5 min away, and he let me go. He told me he was raising my rent $150, and if I don't pay it, get out. I went back to work, and ten minutes later, I had my heart attack. It's $150 a month for my medicine, and I have to take it for the rest of my life. First thing in the morning, and at night before bed.


I've been married twice, and my first wife cheated on me with one of my nephews. When I thought the child was mine, I had to pay child support and the kid wound up being my nephews and not mine. She had two kids with him. I got married ten years later to another woman who was a liar. She would borrow my car, and tell me she was going to work. One day I called her work to tell her to pick up some steaks so we can cook dinner, and her boss told me that she hasn't been in work for two weeks. I said cya to her! I'm a nice guy! I play darts, and monopoly with my buddy up at his house. We also play Triple E with pennies, and we have a ball!"- William

No comments:

Post a Comment