About Me

My photo
I'm not doing this project to necessarily make new longterm friends, or go have a drink with these people. Nor is it to pass any judgements on ones life. My goal is to simply meet interesting, and maybe not so interesting strangers who I wouldve never taken the time to talk to otherwise. One that may differ, or perhaps relate to my own life. So many times, you walk past someone, and they wont even raise their head in the slightest to say hello. I'll never understand why. The challenge to myself is not only to surpass that simple hello with one person a day, but to convince them to look into my lens and tell me something about themselves. My name is Amanda Surkin, and this is my journey of meeting 100 new faces. Take the time to listen, you may learn something :)

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Stranger #98

Meet Joe F.

"My wife works full time, and I'm a stay at home dad. I'm a learning coach, and my kids go to cyber school. My daughter is 15, and my son is 12. They've been in cyber school since 1st grade. The school is called Commonwealth Connections Academy (also known as CCA). They send books, and any equipment that's necessary. Basically they have a teacher from the school, and they communicate 1-2 times a month by phone. They also have live lessons. You only need to attend the live lessons if you need extra help or if your grades fall. So, mostly when they're in the lower grades, they're more dependent on me, but when they get older, they work by themselves more. The school has a field trip kind of thing to socialize all of the students. The school is for the whole state of Pennsylvania.


I've been married for 16 years in July. My wife does computer work, she's an IT analyst. I have 5 cats, and I got my oldest car before my daughter was born. My family jokes a lot, and I say that my first cat is my first born son! Our family loves all kinds of animals. We've had a rabbit, snake, mouse, 10 different cats at different times, guinea pig, and fish. I think birds are the only animal we've never had. My family aren't dog people. We don't know how to train a dog at all. When I was 10, we had a dog, someone left the front door open, our dog got out, and got hit by a taxi. After that, I just had cats all of my life. One of my cats was the most memorable. I had her for 16 years, and her name was black magic. My daughter has a dog named Queeny (pictured above). She sold a bunch of her dolls, and toys to buy her and pay for all of the initial food and necessities. Queenys favorite hobby is chasing the cats!"- Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment